Next-generation Escape lineup – including the return of the Escape Hybrid – throughout Kentucky’s iconic Bourbon Trail.
Paul Brian and Lauren Fix, The Car Coach
Largest segment that is growing.
Escape was the first EV SUV in 2005.
Power: 180 to 250 hp
Engine Choices: 1.5 L EcoBoost w/180hp; 2.0 L – 235 hp or 2.5 L 4-cylinder
Transmission: 8-speed CVT
Tows: 3500 lbs
5 Trim levels: S, SE, SE Sport Hybrid, SEL, Titanium
5 wheel choices – 17, 18 or 19” tires
Price: From $24,885 – $36,685
Hybrid and Plug-In Hybrid
Battery is 1/3 smaller, lighter
60% improved fuel economy
Faster than previous model
1500 lbs towing capacity
Both engines are 2.5L Atkinson hybrids
Hybrid: 198 hp (550 mile range)
Plug-in: 209 hp (30 mile of pure EV)
No storage loss with the battery.
Co-Pilot 360 advanced safety suite is standard
Updated styling and interior
Capable and flexible for daily use
Rear sliding seat – 6 inches
Tons of 2nd row legroom
Head up display is a pop up
No lumbar on passenger side- seating comfort
Needs more boost on regular engine.
Standard Ford Co-Pilot360 — an advanced suite of standard driver-assist technologies that includes:
* Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking,
* Auto High-Beam Headlamps, Lane-Keeping System
* Rear View Camera
* Evasive Steer Assist (std on Titanium)
* additional technology available that is designed to help keep you in command, from the driveway to the highway.
* Stop and Go Cruise control
* Lane Centering
* Wider, longer, lower – improved head, shoulder, knee and leg room.
* Fits 6 full size golf bags in trunk
* Front row- 15 L of useable storage.
* Center console holds 10” lap top and a medium sized purse.
* Lowered belt line for better visibility.
* 8” touch screen
* 12.3” digital gauge cluster- customizable
* Sync 3
* Drive Modes- 5 modes standard
* Wireless charging, (4) USB-C, USB-A, 3-12V outlets
* Head up display – pop up
* 4G Wi-Fi 50 foot range. (10 devices)
Our Gear: kit.com/CarCoachReports/our-studio-kit
For more automotive industry news go to www.laurenfix.com
For breaking news Follow us on Twitter:
Lauren Fix: twitter.com/laurenfix
Paul Brian: twitter.com/thepaulbrian
Car Smarts: twitter.com/car_smarts
Thank you for your support – Check out our Patreon: www.patreon.com/CarCoachReports
Visit Lauren’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/Lauren.Fix.The.Car.Coach/
Sign up for the Free Monthly Car Coach Reports Newsletter: eepurl.com/CBl_z
For more His Turn – Her Turn™ Reviews: histurnherturn.com/
Car Smarts: carsmarts.com
©Automotive Aspects, Inc., 2019. All Rights Reserved.