World preview of the Alfa Romeo Giulia
• Perfect blend of the new Alfa Romeo paradigm and maximum expression of the ‘meccanica delle emozioni’, the new model encapsulates 105 years of style excellence and Italian technology.
• Its distinctive design expresses three quintessential features of Italian design: sense of proportions, simplicity and high quality surface finish.
• The new Alfa Romeo badge, now refreshed while preserving its legendary shape and unmistakable style, stands out in the middle of the famous front trefoil nose.
• The entire ‘creation’ centers around the driver and the promise of exhilarating driving experiences with sensitive steering, responsive acceleration and prompt shifting and braking.
• Rear or four-wheel drive is more than just a tribute to the most authentic roots of the Alfa Romeo legend: it is also a technical solution which guarantees high performance and astounding fun.
• State-of-the-art, innovative engines: a six-cylinder 510 HP, inspired by Ferrari technologies, the brand’s new powertrain reference, will be introduced on the Quadrifoglio version.
• Performance is thrilling: from 0 to 100 km/h in just 3.9 seconds.
• Perfect weight distribution (50/50 across the two axles), sophisticated suspensions (the front is an Alfa Romeo exclusive) and the most direct steering on the market.
• Unique, exclusive technical solutions, like Torque Vectoring for outstanding stability control, Integrated Brake System for considerably reducing braking distance and Active Aero Splitter for active high-speed downforce management.
• Alfa Romeo Giulia combines extraordinary engine performance and the ample use of ultralight materials, like carbon fibre, aluminium, aluminium composite and plastic, to obtain the best weight-to-power ratio (lower than 3kg/hp).
• The model was introduced to the international press in the renovated Alfa Romeo Museum in Arese, Italy ,which will reopen on June 30 for enthusiasts and researchers worldwide.
Music and photos: Courtesy of Alfa Romeo, FCA and Andrea Bocelli
For more automotive industry news go to www.laurenfix.com
For breaking news:
Follow Lauren on Twitter @LaurenFix
Follow Paul on Twitter @ThePaulBrian
Sign up for the Free Monthly Car Coach Report Newsletter: eepurl.com/CBl_z
Listen to Paul Brian – Drive Chicago Saturday mornings at 8am central on WLS 890AM or iHeart Radio. Subscribe to the podcasts at www.WLSAM.com
Destination: Milan, Italy
His Turn – Her Turn® is a production of Automotive Aspects Inc.